Read Proverbs 18
Key Verse: “He who answers before listening-that is his folly and his shame.” Proverbs 18:13
Here are seven important questions regarding listening (extroverts should pay closest attention to these!):
- Are you slow to speak and quick to listen?
- How often do you ask questions to draw out the other person?
- Are you listening or just preparing your next statement?
- Do you ‘listen’ while you text, click on your mouse, or watch television?
- Would anyone call you a ‘good listener’?
- What do you not like about listening?
- Do you spend time listening closely to God?
Jesse Bradley is the Senior Pastor of Sebastopol Christian Church. He and his wife Laurie have three children. Jesse played professional soccer in Zimbabwe, Africa and Scotland as a goalkeeper, and graduated from Dartmouth College with a B.A. in Psychology as well as earning a Masters Degree in Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary. He wrote two books including Rooted in Grace, and A New Season. His many passions include leader development, and helping people find Jesus while incorporating their faith into everyday life. www.activatelife.org
For Jesse’s Daily Grace video devotionals click here